Sunday, October 6, 2013

Welcome

Hi All,

Welcome to the "Born for More" blog. I am so excited about this particular blog and what lies in store in the days to come. Some of you may be wondering why I've started another blog site and to be honest I really wondered if I should use my other one or start a new one. Well, obviously I decided on the latter. I have started the "Born for More" blog so that I could have a central spot to post the bible studies that I have and am in process of writing. Starting this Saturday morning at 9:30am I will be hosting my first bible study in my home, "Rise Up". This is specifically a women's study that I will be hosting but I anyone is welcome to follow along online and women of the Houston/Cypress area are welcome to join us for the next four weeks on Saturday mornings. Just shoot me an email if your are interested and I can send you the details of where. Anyway, a little about the study.


“Rise Up” is a study that has been birthed out of years of longing for more, something deeper, harder, and sweeter in my everyday walk with the Lord. Like many of you I feel this heart wrenching ache for something more, but struggle with feeling unmotivated, unequipped, and alone. Well, let me tell you that you are not alone. It has been a lie that I have believed for so long. This lie that I’ll be thought of as selfish, ungrateful, or ridiculous or the lie that no one wants to be around someone needy or longing. We have got to come to the realization that we all need and we all want and we all long for place. I don’t know about you, but the guilt, shame, and fear that consumes me for wanting more…that lie that I believe that I should be content with where I am and what I have, I try and squelch those feelings with a myriad of things. I pursue duty and obligations, seek to be involved in religious or philanthropic scenes, or just pursue my own wishes and whims. I’ve been searching for a place of belonging when instead I need to come to a place of surrender and that is where the More will be found. The truth is that I have to on a regular basis come to this realization that 

1:  I do not have to feel guilty or embarrassed about desiring more and that the MORE that I ache for and desire is CHRIST.  God created us this way. He made us to have a longing for MORE. He created us and placed in us this deep ache in our bones for MORE…for HIM.

2: I hope that this bible study will help equip you with a basic knowledge and foundation of how to study scripture. We are going to be using a basic method of dissecting The Word of God, something that I hope you can take with you after this study is over and apply to your future study of the Word.

3: My heart is that we would allow the Holy Spirit to motivate us and place a holy fire under our rear ends. I know that is what I need…a good kick in the pants most days and on some, a gentle beckoning. Either way, let us be motivated to look into the face of our Savior, having ears to hear, a heart willing to change, and Rise Up in pursuit of Him. 

Now, with that being said, let us journey together in pursuit of MORE…in pursuit of HIM. Let us together allow the Holy Spirit to motivate us, The Word of God to Equip us, and this community to be a place of encouragement, love and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment